Monday, February 6, 2017

Junes Updated Room

Junes Updated Room




Hey Guys! Today I am sharing Junes new room. When we lived on base housing, I did a super cool room for her (see it HERE), and since moving into a new house, I never really felt it was complete. But now I do. Not to say that I wont get any other crazy ideas, but I finally feel like its ready for that "Ta-Da!" moment.


Id been drooling over Anthropologies gorgeous floral wallpaper since the first time I pinned it on pinterest. When I saw it on my friend Nikkis Instagram, I knew I couldnt live without it. June needed this in her room! So I DIYed it. BTW,  Im pretty sure DIY should be a recognized, official word in the dictionary now, solely based off of how many times I use it.


UPDATE: See the tutorial for this DIY watercolor wallpaper HERE.


I didnt want to go all wallpaper though... and Im cheap as dirt... as in the husband knows my DIY skills, which in turn make it so that he won;t give me any money to buy brand new stuff... because, you know, I have DIY skillz.... sometimes I wish I wasnt so talented! Lol! JK!


This pallet dress gets me EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.


I painted and distressed our DIY chalkboard white to match my home better. I love how it allows the chalky black to pop up against the white without interruption. I decided it didnt really fit in our living room, and moved it next to the teepee. I had also originally built the little house shelf with the intention of turning it into a doll house, but we got lazy, and it became a book shelf instead.


I seriously need to share plans for this toddler bed... its about time! :) #comingsoon

The painting is available as a freebie print from me HERE.


When June wants to hurt my feelings, she says: "My room isnt beautiful!" On a nice note, she did tell me yesterday that her watercolor flower wall looks "so boo-tiful, Mommy!"


I just cant get over this space. Its so fresh now. 

DIY BEAR RUG

DIY TEPPEE


I originally hand painted all the flowers and leaves a lot more spaced out, because I didnt want it to be too busy. But it didnt feel full enough, so I added more. I think its perfect now. And they are like snowflakes- not one is the same! No repetition here!

Heres a few close ups of my favorite DIY Stuffed Animal Heads.


DIY BISON HEAD


DIY DEER HEAD


DIY FOX HEAD


I cant wait to show you a deeper look into this DIY hand painted "wallpaper." 

Stay Tuned! XO

Available link for download